In this workshop, you will learn:
- The limitations of estimates
- What #NoEstimates is and why it is important
- How to use forecasting and other techniques to improve your planning and delivery
- How to implement #NoEstimates in your team or organization
You can also practice what you learn in a hands-on exercise.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of #NoEstimates to your team and stakeholders
- Implement #NoEstimates in your team or organization
- Use forecasting and other techniques to improve your planning and delivery
Problems we solve:
- Unrealistic estimates: Estimates are often inaccurate, leading to missed deadlines and overbudget projects.
- Wasted time: Estimation can take up much time, which could be better spent developing the product.
- Reduced collaboration: Estimation can be divisive and lead to team conflict.
Benefits of #NoEstimates:
- More accurate planning: Forecasting techniques can be used to create more accurate plans that are more likely to be met.
- Improved collaboration: #NoEstimates can help improve team communication and collaboration.
- Increased focus on value: #NoEstimates can help teams focus on delivering the most valuable features first.
If you want to improve your software development process, then #NoEstimates is a great place to start.